is the 2021 release date still yalls goal?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
stormycrown22

is the 2021 release date still yalls goal?

i am just curious, if i remember correctly, isn't yalls goal to release at the end of this year? if so then what is the likelihood of that happening? or are yall gonna push it back? only asking because it has been a while since an update and with how everything seems to be going it looks like the release window may be pushed back, which i am fine with, much rather have a great game than an unfinished one. the sooner i can get my hands on it the better lol but good things come to those who wait so im ok with waiting. just wanna know if getting it this year is still a possibility. :D keep up the great work
staropal0972

Re: is the 2021 release date still yalls goal?

For me almost all the games on the table are really boring and lack subtlety at the moment, or are extremely money hungry and anti consumer toward us. Hoping Six Days is different, and can show us games can be something else other than just products to be consumed. I do hope they commit to the late 2021 release date still.
Tazzadar3

I know the feeling I have pretty much only been playing escape from tarkov, everything else can't hold my attention for very long either. Everything either feels unfinished or just feels like a reskin of other games.
I really appreciate the devs taking their time on this, you can really tell it's a passion project for them.
DottDogg

I hope so but with only 5 months left in the year I kinda doubt it'll release this year. Which sucks cause nothing out there has been filling that void for a realistic military shooter for me. Fingers crossed though!
staropal0972

In a tweet on July 13, Victura stated they are still aiming for a late 2021 release. They still appear to be committed to that date, so I'd still grasp onto my hope. In addition, the FAQ has not been changed and still says they are targeting for a late 2021 release.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.93 KiB) Viewed 10677 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.42 KiB) Viewed 10680 times
stormycrown22

staropal0972 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:20 pm In a tweet on July 13, Victura stated they are still aiming for a late 2021 release. They still appear to be committed to that date, so I'd still grasp onto my hope. In addition, the FAQ has not been changed and still says they are targeting for a late 2021 release.
Awesome, thank you for this info. i do truely hope they release at the end of this year. i just find it odd that being this close to release we havent heard any news since i think march. ya would think they would toss us a line, but either way i am still pumped for this game.
staropal0972

stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:40 pm
staropal0972 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:20 pm In a tweet on July 13, Victura stated they are still aiming for a late 2021 release. They still appear to be committed to that date, so I'd still grasp onto my hope. In addition, the FAQ has not been changed and still says they are targeting for a late 2021 release.
Awesome, thank you for this info. i do truely hope they release at the end of this year. i just find it odd that being this close to release we havent heard any news since i think march. ya would think they would toss us a line, but either way i am still pumped for this game.
I think they're just at this point trying to finish the game. Making announcements doesn't seem to be the easiest of tasks, contrary to most people's beliefs. When Amper mentions "timings" I am drawing conclusions that he is referring to some sort of roadmap, which was also mentioned in february when this game was first announced, that something of the likes would be announced closer to release. And since we are indeed getting closer to release, perhaps the roadmap will give us a clear release date at that point.
stormycrown22

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:47 pm
I think they're just at this point trying to finish the game. Making announcements doesn't seem to be the easiest of tasks, contrary to most people's beliefs. When Amper mentions "timings" I am drawing conclusions that he is referring to some sort of roadmap, which was also mentioned in february when this game was first announced, that something of the likes would be announced closer to release. And since we are indeed getting closer to release, perhaps the roadmap will give us a clear release date at that point.
true, but do you think they may release in early access? ik they plan on release later this year but are they gonna release in full or go early access? i do hope to see a roadmap, and hopefully, the news comes out soon, been dying to hear about the beta.
staropal0972

stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:51 pm

true, but do you think they may release in early access? ik they plan on release later this year but are they gonna release in full or go early access? i do hope to see a roadmap, and hopefully, the news comes out soon, been dying to hear about the beta.
You could very well be right. They could plan a beta/demo session in late 2021 and fully release the game in early 2022. Perhaps if things aren't going as smoothly as expected, then it will give us the opportunity to try the game out before waiting some more.
stormycrown22

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:59 pm
stormycrown22 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:51 pm

You could very well be right. They could plan a beta/demo session in late 2021 and fully release the game in early 2022. Perhaps if things aren't going as smoothly as expected, then it will give us the opportunity to try the game out before waiting some more.
i hope the game development is doing well, i don't want to see this fail. i want this to succeed and more games like this to come out, stuff like this helps teach kids what it is really like to be in combat. a lot of kids just think they are gonna join the military and become a cool soldier and then to only realize how scary it is, i know because i was that kid lol was never in combat but the military aint all its chopped up to be. the uniform looks cool but doesn't feel cool. but i think if this game does well and what its supposed to, it can truely open some people's eyes to what its truly like to be in combat or at least as close as possible without being put in danger.