Griefers in co-op?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Griefers in co-op?

I have growing concerns about the cooperative mode within Six Days, about how griefers will be handled in that mode? First of all, will this be a online, local, or strictly friends only type co-op? How will chatting be handled within gameplay? I know most of this can't be disclosed at the moment, but I am anxious to hear what can be said about it for now.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Griefers in co-op?

We definitely appreciate the question about griefing in coop. We're experimenting with a few options here, and we want to remind you guys that tweaks can be made pre-and-post-launch based on your feedback. So, we encourage opinions on this!

Previously, we've shared that engaging a civilian results in mission failure. But, it's possible that repeatedly engaging a civilian will cause the individual player to die without forcing the entire team to restart the mission. This is just one example.

Additionally, we’re providing a lot of in-game voice support and there will definitely be ways for friends to form teams to play and practice together. In fact, this will be encouraged.
Tazzadar3

Just an idea, what if when you kill a civilian, your character gets encumbered with guilt. You move slower, and you get more sight sway so that you become less accurate.
Lavish4u

Tazzadar3 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:31 am Just an idea, what if when you kill a civilian, your character gets encumbered with guilt. You move slower, and you get more sight sway so that you become less accurate.
I think this could be a good idea however with that you're assuming that they'd actually care. If they're griefing in a sense to just cause frustration among other players then I don't believe that this would be effective but if they're still trying to play the mission a little bit it definitely will be. I think that this could be a really nice addition.

I still think dealing with griefers the old way is the best. I found that at times frustrating a voting system is best.
evan466

Tazzadar3 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:31 am Just an idea, what if when you kill a civilian, your character gets encumbered with guilt. You move slower, and you get more sight sway so that you become less accurate.
I don't want to be mean but are you joking when you say this? Guilt isn't a game mechanic.
staropal0972

This could be very easily abused, I disagree with this. Amper's plan sounds a lot more in control, than feeling the Spec Ops type guilt being brought up here.
Tazzadar3

evan466 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 pm
I don't want to be mean but are you joking when you say this? Guilt isn't a game mechanic.
My comment wasn't meant to be offensive in any way.
The game is going to be an emotional experience based on what the devs have portrayed about the game.
Guilt is a human emotion, and if it can be done properly in a game I don't see what is wrong with that.
Killing other humans in a video game is fine but guilt is going too far?
stormycrown22

Tazzadar3 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:43 pm
The game is going to be an emotional experience based on what the devs have portrayed about the game.
Guilt is a human emotion, and if it can be done properly in a game I don't see what is wrong with that.
its not going to far, its just when you are in a combat zone you dont have time to feel guilt. that is what gets you killed in a combat zone, when you are out there you focus on the mission at hand and you deal with everything else later. if you let emotions come over you while in combat that makes you more liable in combat. when stuff like that happen in the actual operation there were civilians killed and the people that killed them were prob shocked at first but they have to push that out of there head till they get back to their base of operations then they can let what happened sink in. so a guilt system i dont think would be too realistic or even an enjoyable mechanic. it is an interesting idea though.
evan466

It seems inappropriate to me to portray guilt that way and use it as a game mechanic. If this weren't about real events I wouldn't care, but I think they need to use a little more care than to diminish anything these guys might have been feeling personally to status effects for the player.
Tazzadar3

stormycrown22 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:52 pm

its not going to far, its just when you are in a combat zone you dont have time to feel guilt. that is what gets you killed in a combat zone, when you are out there you focus on the mission at hand and you deal with everything else later. if you let emotions come over you while in combat that makes you more liable in combat. when stuff like that happen in the actual operation there were civilians killed and the people that killed them were prob shocked at first but they have to push that out of there head till they get back to their base of operations then they can let what happened sink in. so a guilt system i dont think would be too realistic or even an enjoyable mechanic. it is an interesting idea though.
Thank you, I can totally see where you are coming from. Thinking about it from that context I can see how it would not make sense.