Microtransctions?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
staropal0972

Microtransctions?

I have possibly the most dumbest question ever, and something that can't be guaranteed to have an answer, but will there be microtransactions at all? Aside from possible DLCs, I don't want to see anything else as things could go south if something like this is implemented.
stormycrown22

Re: Microtransctions?

staropal0972 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:25 pm I have possibly the most dumbest question ever, and something that can't be guaranteed to have an answer, but will there be microtransactions at all? Aside from possible DLCs, I don't want to see anything else as things could go south if something like this is implemented.
the likelihood of there being microtransactions is so low id say it is impossible that there would be, even to DLC I give that a big maybe. I could see DLC if they get more stories but I could see them being more like free DLC with what this game is supposed to be. adding microtransactions would be a huge insult to the stories in the game and in all honesty would cause this game to nose dive into the ground, since the game is more of a historical recreation than a game, id say we don't have to worry about microtransactions at all, these devs seem to care a lot with what they are trying to do and doubt they would risk ruining their reputation to make a few more extra bucks.
staropal0972

I know most likely this game won't have microtransactions, but I really want to make sure it doesn't go the wrong path. You have to be wary about games everytime these days.
Tan_47

According to the community manager, there has been an influx of additional stories from the battle that the developers aren't sure if they could implement it all. Considering this, it's possible that DLCs could be added once the game is released, but I don't want to put words into the developer's mouth.
staropal0972

As long as it is properly handled, I am ok with that. What I won't be okay with are skins, loot boxes, paid weapons, season passes, a PVP multiplayer mode, and anything following triple A shooter trends. That's not at all why the game exists, right?
Tan_47

staropal0972 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:32 pm As long as it is properly handled, I am ok with that. What I won't be okay with are skins, loot boxes, paid weapons, season passes, a PVP multiplayer mode, and anything following triple A shooter trends. That's not at all why the game exists, right?
Considering that the game is unlikely to feature PVP, I wouldn't expect skins, loot boxes, or any of the common microtransactions that are found in Triple-A games. Although, a season pass for additional story DLCs could be a possibility.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Tan_47 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:26 pm According to the community manager, there has been an influx of additional stories from the battle that the developers aren't sure if they could implement it all. Considering this, it's possible that DLCs could be added once the game is released, but I don't want to put words into the developer's mouth.
This is correct. We are still exploring opportunities to tell the variety of stories we've gathered. With that being said, Six Days is rooted in realism, and all corners of our project will reflect that.

As for microtransactions, we currently have no plans to add them. We also agree with you guys and your concerns about mtx being inconsistent with the tone of what we’re trying to do with Six Days. However, it’s difficult to make a definitive, “we’ll never ever do something” statement because it’s hard to predict conditions within the industry that are out of our control.