AI/Breaching tactics

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Blade0351

AI/Breaching tactics

Hey so my question is regarding the AI in the game. How independent will they be in taking action? I think one of the best uses of AI was in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. You could set the AI to two different ROEs: stealth or combat. That dictates if they just engage on site or try to sneak around. Also dictates the breaching tactics they use.

And about breaching, as an Assaultman, I'd love to see the use of explosive breaching or shotgun breaching. Or blowing holes in buildings so you don't have to go through the door and go down that fatal funnel.

Final question: any chance we'll get to use the SMAW in the game considering how much they were used in the battle?
Unknown0351

Re: AI/Breaching tactics

Probably also should include the thermobaric SMAW round as well. I do hope building destruction is in this game as it is very important. Snipers would also knock out a loophole in the wall for their firing positions which would require building destruction. Also about the Javelin missile, this can lock on to a building as someone I went to SOI with did during the First Battle of Fallujah. Just said you have to switch to direct attack mode. And then if there is building destruction they should also include the 20 pound satchel charge of C4.
Tan_47

Concerning the intelligence of teammates, I don't think Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the best example. There were countless of times where both of my teammates would stand out in the open while getting shot to pieces by enemies; a lot of these issues come from the teammates not being dynamic enough to switch on the fly.

I think a better example of having dynamic teammates would be S.W.A.T. 3 considering that the player could command his teammates to go dynamic without ordering them around. Here is a thread that I made that includes video examples about both teammate and enemy intelligence: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=101
Blade0351

Tan_47 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:03 pm Concerning the intelligence of teammates, I don't think Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the best example. There were countless of times where both of my teammates would stand out in the open while getting shot to pieces by enemies; a lot of these issues come from the teammates not being dynamic enough to switch on the fly.

I think a better example of having dynamic teammates would be S.W.A.T. 3 considering that the player could command his teammates to go dynamic without ordering them around. Here is a thread that I made that includes video examples about both teammate and enemy intelligence: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=101
No no I agree the AI obviously is lacking by today's standards. I guess what I meant to say was the commands you had for them. They were simple yet gave enough options to have real control over them as far as breaching went.