Veterans against this game.

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
USMC Vet.

Veterans against this game.

As a Combat Deployed Marine to Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury. I find the release of this game grotesque. I’ve read the publishers corporate “why” statement. I’d love to know what your publishers hope to get from the release of this “game.” For people whom were actually there and lived this never ending violent nightmare this wasn’t a game. This wasn’t a simulator, this was real. I lost friends during this conflict and now it’s being made into a video game where people get to pretend that they are at war. Making light of the sacrifices that we all made. This event in human history is already dark enough. No need to do more glamorizing, virtual or not.

What’s next, a flight simulator mod for 9/11.

Not cool guys. Not cool at all.

You guys should really rethink this.
I’d be happy to discuss this point of view in greater depth with a member of your company to better illustrate how bad an idea this is.

Thank you for your time.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Veterans against this game.

Let me start off by saying we appreciate you coming to the forums and sharing your perspective with us, especially coming from a veteran who was present. We’d like to share some more insight into why we believe in our project and why it’s so important to us.

Six Days exists because we were specifically asked to tell stories. Please know that more than 100 Marines and Soldiers who participated in Operation Phantom Fury have given us hours, days, and in some cases, months, of their time to build Six Days in Fallujah because they feel very passionately about the importance of telling these stories through a video game. Since our announcement, many hundreds more have contacted us to express their very deep support for the project.

We want to make it very clear that Six Days in Fallujah is not Call of Duty in Fallujah. We believe video games can be far more than simple toys for entertainment. And, we also understand that nothing can come close to simulating actual combat. But, perhaps we can leave those who choose to participate in this experience with a better understanding of this period of history.

I’m happy to discuss further if you’d like to send me a PM.
stormycrown22

USMC Vet. wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 pm As a Combat Deployed Marine to Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury. I find the release of this game grotesque. I’ve read the publishers corporate “why” statement. I’d love to know what your publishers hope to get from the release of this “game.” For people whom were actually there and lived this never ending violent nightmare this wasn’t a game. This wasn’t a simulator, this was real. I lost friends during this conflict and now it’s being made into a video game where people get to pretend that they are at war. Making light of the sacrifices that we all made. This event in human history is already dark enough. No need to do more glamorizing, virtual or not.

What’s next, a flight simulator mod for 9/11.

Not cool guys. Not cool at all.

You guys should really rethink this.
I’d be happy to discuss this point of view in greater depth with a member of your company to better illustrate how bad an idea this is.

Thank you for your time.
while this may be a game, its a great way of telling thire stories. i agree that ya shouldnt bank off a tragic topic but thats not what this is about. a lot of people lost people during the fallujah conflict. go look up a game called "that dragon cancer" it was made by a dad who lost his sont and he was able to portray his feeling and emotion into that "game" so as long as they play their cards right then this can have the same effect. this is how some of are fallen friends will still be remember than forgotten. cant tell ya how many people dont know about fallujah.
HoodRo8s

Ffs.
Just leave it then. Alot of other veterans love this. Are you crying this much every time a new WW2 game or Vietnam game is released? Just a question?
sloth

It's a game. Relax. Go in to your safe space don't bother other people about their own interests. Thank you.
Tre_ave

What about all the ww2 games out there what be about those vets ?
=[ANZ]=.DeathWizard

With all respect to USMC Vet. & his opinion, we have to take positives from the loss our mates/soldiers we have lost, education is a good way forward, I understand your thoughts & respect that, healing for us soldiers can only happen if others can see when we say dedication & loyalty, these things are real & the fight is real, so respect Sir to your opinion

To get non military / civilians, to understand at least the anxiety & terror of what soldiers experience in the field could never be recreated for the actual, but what this does is it gives a perspective on the reality of what a soldier risks minute by minute, hour by hour, day to day, on a daily basis for long rotations, facing all of the realities of not coming home alive.

This will give a perspective to all of those anti to our Military forces that put their lives on the line for us all, yes I was a soldier in NZ Defence Force & am lucky for my unit brothers that kept my 6 safe & let me return home to my family & friends. So thank you to all that maintain the support to our soldiers by way of educating & making aware the loss our soldiers & their families face in real life.

"Lest we forget"

stormycrown22

=[ANZ]=.DeathWizard wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:47 pm With all respect to USMC Vet. & his opinion, we have to take positives from the loss our mates/soldiers we have lost, education is a good way forward, I understand your thoughts & respect that, healing for us soldiers can only happen if others can see when we say dedication & loyalty, these things are real & the fight is real, so respect Sir to your opinion

To get non military / civilians, to understand at least the anxiety & terror of what soldiers experience in the field could never be recreated for the actual, but what this does is it gives a perspective on the reality of what a soldier risks minute by minute, hour by hour, day to day, on a daily basis for long rotations, facing all of the realities of not coming home alive.

This will give a perspective to all of those anti to our Military forces that put their lives on the line for us all, yes I was a soldier in NZ Defence Force & am lucky for my unit brothers that kept my 6 safe & let me return home to my family & friends. So thank you to all that maintain the support to our soldiers by way of educating & making aware the loss our soldiers & their families face in real life.

"Lest we forget"

couldnt say it better myself, i feel like this could bring a new found respect to the military. not many people realize how much we truly sacrifice. it could even give some insight to people that are interested in joining the military, most people get the false idea that being in the military means you are a badass when in reality it can be one of the most terrifying jobs you can get depending on your role.
staropal0972

Many people especially in the US are insolent, ignorant, and overtly selfish individuals who have no appreciation for the military of their land that brought them prospering life that otherwise would not be possible without them. For Six Days I believe it can be very beneficial to have players empathize with both the servicemen, as well as those who may have been affected by the battle, those being residents of the city that was invaded.

Being able to showcase the human cost of war can be very effective to tell a meaningful story, one I might add that it changes the mindsets of certain individuals walking away from this experience. I truly believe this game can definitely shed light on this subject matter, and games should not shy away from controversial topics such as the Iraq War, we need more games like this as I find it extremely hard to take really any game these days seriously. It doesn't need to blow my mind away, but it needs to deliver a kind of message that encapsulate me into feeling empathy more for those who were direct witnesses.

With due diligence, I hope this game turns out successful so it may get this message across.
SomeBat

This is the internet and anyone can pretend to be anything including a Vet, (IM A VET GUYS LOOK MY NAME SAYS I AM, I SAID I WAS) so you know just take what ever this guy says with a grain of salt since it does seem sorta desperate.

sry necro post