Question about the appearance of the gear.

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Blade0351

Question about the appearance of the gear.

Hey so my question is regarding the gear the Marines in the game are shown wearing. I know that during the time frame of Fallujah, most Marines were still rocking the interceptor vest and most times, in woodland tri color. From the gameplay you've released, the Marines appear to be wearing a newer plate carrier that uses more MOLLE. I'm wondering if the gear that will be shown is still being upgraded or if this is what y'all are using and if so, why? Thanks. The game looks awesome.
Unknown0351

Re: Question about the appearance of the gear.

It would depend on the battalion but we had the desert tan flak jackets (this being 2/1 during the First Battle of Fallujah) But I seen a photo of 1/5 and they had the woodland flak jacket during the First Battle of Fallujah. Same might apply for 3/1, 1/8, 3/5, & 1/3 during the Second Battle of Fallujah.
Also your observation is correct about the gear straps on the flak jacket in some of the screenshots, they are incorrect but its highly unlikely they will change it at this point.
Oxide

I think the character models shown are just in beta with changes coming soon
AmperCamper
Community Manager

This is feedback we've heard before, and we appreciate it.

While all character art is still a work in progress, our vests are modeled after the Point Blank Interceptor with Coyote Tan and Woodland Camo used by different units. There were other types of plate carriers and vests worn in the battle, and so there will be variations in the final product.
staropal0972

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:07 pm This is feedback we've heard before, and we appreciate it.

While all character art is still a work in progress, our vests are modeled after the Point Blank Interceptor with Coyote Tan and Woodland Camo used by different units. There were other types of plate carriers and vests worn in the battle, and so there will be variations in the final product.
That's great to know. I was worried it would be too late in development to change anything in the art department. I'm just a little concerned a delay would be placed as a result of revising it.
staropal0972

I absolutely missed this, that one of the screenshots was changed, in that two Marines are wearing different gear now. One of them now has gear straps, and the other's vest camo changed from the coyote tan to the woodland.

I want everybody else to notice something is being done, and I think we've all missed this detail for a while (it's been there since the gameplay reveal trailer in March...) Although I want to point out that the helmets have not been fixed, so there is that to still work on. The MARPAT used here could also use some minor tweaks, as discussed before by some people. Keep it up Victura and Highwire!
Attachments
SDIF_BreachStack.jpg
SDIF_BreachStack.jpg (152.57 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
6020a159c07834243d4faf85_Image_Moment-of-Truth.jpg
6020a159c07834243d4faf85_Image_Moment-of-Truth.jpg (247.97 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:07 pm This is feedback we've heard before, and we appreciate it.

Thank you so much for the reply. I appreciate how much y'all interact with the community and I love how y'all are doing your best to accurately depict the battle. Semper Fi