RIP Six Days....

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
chef_423

RIP Six Days....

So, you put an update out fixing the shooting, and instead of being confident of you progress you let the Gen Z terrorists make you re-think and you put out a poll?

Unfortunately this is the beginning of the end. So sad. I had very high hopes for this title, but when you begin to bow to the mob, nothing good ever comes from it.

Also, you're asking a poll on which title has the best shooting....why are y'all including legacy KB n Mouse users in this poll? ITS ALL THE SAME using a KB n M!

RIP
RaptorTwitch

Re: RIP Six Days....

Clown farming works better in Steam as it gives you actual internet points.
While I do agree with you that balancing by community cryouts is unhealthy, this poll is merely asking for feedback which is largely positive towards the update.
Also stating that Keyboard and Mouse shooters are and feel all the same is just painfully invalid and the implication that it would be different for controller just wrong.
I hope you enjoyed this food and it made you feel good somebody actually responded to you. Lets make a wish that nobody else is falling for this troll.
krzy

Since I'm not a Discord user, could someone post the questions in the poll? I've only seen the list of other games from one of the questions, but I'm not sure what it was exactly about. Apparently Ready or Not is winning the poll, which (in context of shooting mechanics) is kinda ironic, because RoN players often complain about that part of the game. Especially yuuge, comically exaggerated recoil on some of the 5.56 guns.

To be frank, in case of RoN this is really the least important problem, or even part of the game (I tend to think RoN aims more for the "cinematic feeling" than "realism" in it's gameplay), but yeah, shooting 5.56 rifle, even on full auto, ain't that hard - I'm an untrained civvie and manage to have better recoil control than characters in RoN.
RaptorTwitch

krzy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:35 am Since I'm not a Discord user, could someone post the questions in the poll? I've only seen the list of other games from one of the questions, but I'm not sure what it was exactly about. Apparently Ready or Not is winning the poll, which (in context of shooting mechanics) is kinda ironic, because RoN players often complain about that part of the game. Especially yuuge, comically exaggerated recoil on some of the 5.56 guns.

To be frank, in case of RoN this is really the least important problem, or even part of the game (I tend to think RoN aims more for the "cinematic feeling" than "realism" in it's gameplay), but yeah, shooting 5.56 rifle, even on full auto, ain't that hard - I'm an untrained civvie and manage to have better recoil control than characters in RoN.
First three have the answers A Strongly Agree B Somewhat Agree C Somewhat Disagree D Strongly Disagree
1. I like the feel of point shooting (aiming over M16 sights) since the March 7 update.
Current Answer ranking from most voted to least: ABCD
2. I prefer to play first-person military shooters with crosshairs turned off
3. The changes in the Six Days' March 7 update have forced me to turn crosshairs on
Current Answer ranking from most voted to least: DBAC
4. I believe the following the game offers the best aiming and shooting:
A Six Days in Fallujah 57
B Ready or Not 148
C Squad 14
D Hell Let Loose 9
E Ground Branch 32
F Rainbow Six Siege 1
G Call of Duty 1
H Arma 5
I Insurgency 13
Note: 1 vote needs to be subtracted from every option due to voting going through emotes and how the Emote System works in Discord. Mods likely voted on every option once in order for the respective Emote Button to appear for easy access.
chef_423

RaptorTwitch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 am Clown farming works better in Steam as it gives you actual internet points.
While I do agree with you that balancing by community cryouts is unhealthy, this poll is merely asking for feedback which is largely positive towards the update.
Also stating that Keyboard and Mouse shooters are and feel all the same is just painfully invalid and the implication that it would be different for controller just wrong.
I hope you enjoyed this food and it made you feel good somebody actually responded to you. Lets make a wish that nobody else is falling for this troll.
Its not wrong. You have no clue. And you're the demographic I dropped the bomb on, so I get it. But keep pew pew'in with the right index finger.

Have fun with the game on the old tired <removed - AmperCamper - inappropriate content > mouse n KB.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

There's always room for improvement with game development, and these polls are a way to collect data oriented feedback on our latest changes. The polls are trending positively based on our patch, but if there's an opportunity for tuning, awesome.

And, we're not ignorant to the competition in the space. If players enjoy something we're doing (or not doing), it's certainly worth having a discussion about. This doesn't translate to carbon copies of mechanics of features, but rather design discussions about what's working (or not) and why.
chef_423

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am There's always room for improvement with game development, and these polls are a way to collect data oriented feedback on our latest changes. The polls are trending positively based on our patch, but if there's an opportunity for tuning, awesome.

And, we're not ignorant to the competition in the space. If players enjoy something we're doing (or not doing), it's certainly worth having a discussion about. This doesn't translate to carbon copies of mechanics of features, but rather design discussions about what's working (or not) and why.
Its still an un warranted knee jerk reaction to the new and accurate point and shoot. Being a trained software Developer working in the Point of Sale space, we obviously look at the space to see who is doing what, but we don't backtrack because a few people complain....that's not good business and it muddys your internal vision. But, do as you please.

I have been a staunch defender of this title and have turned people on to it.

I was the one who first brought up the poor shooting months ago, was so happy to see the improvement!

Your title is very unique. No need to compare.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We appreciate the support chef, we really do.

We never said anything about backtracking, but there may be an opportunity for tuning (with the right data). Thanks for your perspective on this.
krzy

RaptorTwitch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:38 am First three have the answers A Strongly Agree B Somewhat Agree C Somewhat Disagree D Strongly Disagree
1. I like the feel of point shooting (aiming over M16 sights) since the March 7 update.
2. I prefer to play first-person military shooters with crosshairs turned off
3. The changes in the Six Days' March 7 update have forced me to turn crosshairs on
Current Answer ranking from most voted to least: DBAC
Thanks Raptor!

And yeah, it seems that the last update met with positive reception. I'm also liking the change, although (I'd need to re-read the changelog) I don't think that much have actually changed aside of wider field of view. Which IMO is perfectly fine for "quick and hasty" shooting technique.