AI NPC's not dropping when hit multiple times

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Major Hoser

AI NPC's not dropping when hit multiple times

I suspect there are tweaks being done with the NPC's in the game but recently, it sometime is taking 10 rounds to get a target to drop. That would makes sense if we were using a pistol with a low velocity round but with M4's with high velocity rounds, a single hit in the torso is going to knock a target down and incapacitate them. Just noticing this with this last patch. Perhaps we need to dial up the damage from 5.56 rounds or tame the AI "invincibility".
quakeroatz

Re: AI NPC's not dropping when hit multiple times

Hey this is one of the many things being focused on to be fixed in Q1
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1430

I hear ya though, sometimes the hit registration is WAY off.
Sometimes it involves something like a fence between you and the NPC, other times its a clear headshot nothing happens.
I wonder it it's the procedural maps making this more difficult.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: AI NPC's not dropping when hit multiple times

We haven't made any adjustments to enemy AI health, and it's important to remember that many insurgents were fueled with drugs that enabled them to take more hits than you'd think. While this isn't the case for every insurgent, it was quite common based on the stories that were shared with us.
quakeroatz wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 pm Hey this is one of the many things being focused on to be fixed in Q1
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1430
This is correct. Here are some specific areas of improvement that are coming that will address some concerns here:
  • Significant adjustments to player flinch/evade system
  • Improved weapon aiming, alignment, and accuracy
  • Reduced ability of AI to target players unrealistically at distance
  • Fix bugs affecting game difficulty