SPOTTER SPOTTER!!

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
MRTINK

SPOTTER SPOTTER!!

I want to know who saw the spotter. Did I see it? My teammate? The tank or AAV? The game calling out "spotter" doesn't help anything. If I saw it, fine then it is probably in front of me, but if my teammate saw it then most likely I need to turn around. If the tank saw it, it could be anywhere. Just yelling out spotter is just as useful as saying nothing. There has to be some kind of directional information. At least say left or right side. This is so annoying.
WetDogBreath

Re: SPOTTER SPOTTER!!

MRTINK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:04 am I want to know who saw the spotter. Did I see it? My teammate? The tank or AAV? The game calling out "spotter" doesn't help anything. If I saw it, fine then it is probably in front of me, but if my teammate saw it then most likely I need to turn around. If the tank saw it, it could be anywhere. Just yelling out spotter is just as useful as saying nothing. There has to be some kind of directional information. At least say left or right side. This is so annoying.
We think it is too early in development for "left or right side" Call outs. It would be cool, but just too early.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for the thread, guys. This is already on our community wishlist, and I'll add your comments to the list.
krzy

MRTINK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:04 am There has to be some kind of directional information.
I wonder if AI-teammates could "point" something to player, even by using the same "ping" thingy that's available in co-op.

Yes, I know, the less HUD the better, but frankly unless devs make one hundred thousand "waving hands, pointing fingers" anims with one hundred thousand voice lines, we'll never get any precise information from teammates. The "super-duper realistic" Arma had HUD elements for that kind of thing (pointing targets to player) since 2001, but modern games seem to eschew this, which is wrong IMO (the number of times my AI officers in Ready or Not began screaming at suspect, but game gave me no way to tell where that guy was, is staggering and frustrating).
Kean_1

Yeah, I get (and like) the realism aspect of titles but the fact is that you're never going to achieve the level of situational awareness and interaction of real life in a game played on a screen. Not having peripheral vision for example is a huge handicap on a screen vs. reality. ....touch / feel and so on.

This is where some types of indicators can really help as an aid to simulate such things you would notice IRL without feeling like a cheat or cheapening the experience.