Mortars, and the flinch mechanic

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Khe sanh

Mortars, and the flinch mechanic

Despite me waiting for the console release I do pay attention to the steam forums, and it seems like the flinch mechanic, and accuracy of the mortars have gotten the most amount of criticism, and it seems like nothing has been done to fix both issues, even with the latest patch

I know the team behind this game care about player feedback, the community manager has always been very good at addressing suggestions and bugs so why is it that these two problems have pressited?, I'm still very much excited for the console release, and I'm happy to watch the game progress through early access to see how much it's proved, but something has to be done about these two major issues.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Mortars, and the flinch mechanic

We've made adjustments to mortar accuracy in response to the latest round of community feedback with 0.3.0.1, but it seems we need to re-evaluate. Flinch has been something we've been taking community notes on, but outright removing the mechanic would make the current state of the game too easy. With that being said, we're having discussions around these issues, among a long list of others, right now.
rdawg420

Re: Mortars, and the flinch mechanic

Khe sanh wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:37 pm Despite me waiting for the console release I do pay attention to the steam forums, and it seems like the flinch mechanic, and accuracy of the mortars have gotten the most amount of criticism, and it seems like nothing has been done to fix both issues, even with the latest patch

I know the team behind this game care about player feedback, the community manager has always been very good at addressing suggestions and bugs so why is it that these two problems have pressited?, I'm still very much excited for the console release, and I'm happy to watch the game progress through early access to see how much it's proved, but something has to be done about these two major issues.
I personally don't have an issue with the mortars now. I only had an issue when they'd kill you before you spawned. Soon as I hear there's mortars just run into a house, see if you can get on a roof top and snipe them. Also don't have an issue with flinch. Rarely does my character flinch. Think you just need more experience. I have around 630 completed missions and I never heard of anyone complaining about their character flinching. It does happens but that's what happens when you get shot.