Will there be regenerating health?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BobTank63

Will there be regenerating health?

I have multiple questions about the game, but I felt that this one was the most important to me right now and the easiest to answer.

I was wondering if the game had a regenerating health system like COD, or something more complex. If you could go into detail on the health system that would be great, but a simple yes or no answer would be okay.
Recon4thCav

Re: Will there be regenerating health?

Yea let's have health that comes back, because everyone I know who was shot in Operation Phantom Fury just randomly got thier health back. We never had to call a 9 line medevac or anything like that. They just randomly magicly had thier wounds healed.

This is why a documentary video game is beyond stupid.
BobTank63

Recon4thCav wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:17 pm Yea let's have health that comes back, because everyone I know who was shot in Operation Phantom Fury just randomly got thier health back. We never had to call a 9 line medevac or anything like that. They just randomly magicly had thier wounds healed.

I agree, I hope they don't have regenerating health.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Confirming that health does not regenerate. We are experimenting with the health system and the team has some clever ideas on this, but we still need to lock some of these down before going in-depth.

We appreciate the suggestions!
Tan_47

AmperCamper wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:09 pm Confirming that health does not regenerate. We are experimenting with the health system and the team has some clever ideas on this, but we still need to lock some of these down before going in-depth.

We appreciate the suggestions!
Thanks for the confirmation!
TacticalJunkie

Recon4thCav wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:17 pm Yea let's have health that comes back, because everyone I know who was shot in Operation Phantom Fury just randomly got thier health back. We never had to call a 9 line medevac or anything like that. They just randomly magicly had thier wounds healed.

Regenerating health wouldn't even hinder it though? When your watching a documentary, you can't die and your not actually there, but does that make it stupid and un-educational? One of the points of this game is to show that war causes a major loss of human life, doesn't the documentary footage talking about the deaths of real marines show that? When they mentioned when one of the soldiers had a kid back at home and he was scared of leaving his child fatherless, doesn't that also show that human life is precious? A major part of war is the loss of human life, it seems that point would even get across even if it did have regenerative health. Nothing will ever get close to combat your right. Also the posts I have seen from you make me think your just generally against art trying to portray war in general forgive me if I'm wrong.

but I agree I would prefer if there's no regenerating health, would make the game more intense which is what you want

Also I don't know if your anti-war, but if you aren't, this game isn't anti-war or is focusing on that the war was illegal. So I honestly don't know why you have such hatred for this game, so even if you believed the united states was in the right for everything and you believe your deployment was worth something, I don't think any part of this game is trying to say anything against that
Cendrix

I don't think something as trivial as regaining health will take away from the spirit of this game, but at the same time welcome creative alternatives.
Here is one that comes to mind. Stop me if I'm crazy.
There are other games that offer opportunities to splint, use a tourniquet/bandage, etc to help fix "status effects"; though that may be adjacent to this topic I think it's relevant in the following context.
Perhaps health can be tied to endurance/stamina in a way. Combat situations, raised heart rate and natural (or synthetic) adrenaline may also affect endurance to be transitively tied to health.
To account for tissue damage (hp) vs stamina, once the threshold is reached for hp value (not stamina value) the player may still be alive as long as they maintain stamina (though at a great disadvantage).
I.e.
All of the following assume no status effects:
  • Endurance: 30, Tissue(HP): 0 = alive, but Endurance counting down in best case scenario (unless shot in critical location or med/critical location). Lack of movement will reduce the speed of degradation
    Endurance: 0, Tissue(HP): 50 = tired
    Endurance: 0, Tissue: 0 = very dead.
    Endurance: 0, Tissue: 2 = may need a teamate to drag you out.
    Endurance: 1, Tissue: 1 = Limping, endurance may be going up or down at this point based on math. HP steady.
    Endurance: 2, Tissue: 0 = Not far from death, moving will increase
This suggested system may inhibit severe negative effects to the body including a constantly draining stamina bar, severe fatigue etc. If it's a timed match, the player could be screwed depending on the remaining period.
If its an extract-based match maybe they could make it out, though slowly and perhaps requiring team assistance.
evan466

Unfortunately this is one of the places where realistic portrayal and the fact that its a game really butt heads. I've always appreciated the way the old America's Army game handled injuries. If the injury isn't immediately fatal to the player then you have to treat it, usually requiring a corpsman. Even after treating the injury, the player now moves slower and their weapon sways more giving you a permeant effect for the rest of the mission. Further non-fatal injuries add to this effect reducing the player's combat effectiveness.
BobTank63

evan466 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:32 am Unfortunately this is one of the places where realistic portrayal and the fact that its a game really butt heads. I've always appreciated the way the old America's Army game handled injuries. If the injury isn't immediately fatal to the player then you have to treat it, usually requiring a corpsman. Even after treating the injury, the player now moves slower and their weapon sways more giving you a permeant effect for the rest of the mission. Further non-fatal injuries add to this effect reducing the player's combat effectiveness.
I like this system idea. I never played AA, but this sounds like this kind of health system would be great for SDIF.

On another note, maybe if the game has multiple difficulty levels, we could have various health systems. The lowest difficulty could be just regenerating health while the highest one could be the AA system. The medium difficulty system could be the Squad system where you have a health bar, and when you're shot you have to stop the bleeding with a bandage, and only a medic can restore the health bar. For COOP, bandages could be used as an emergency revive in the first two difficulties (unless you get hit by a grenade or double tapped by insurgents, then your permadead), and on the highest difficulty if you die you can't be revived. That way many people are pleased whether they want ultra hardcore realism or an easier way to manage health.
staropal0972

(Post meant to be placed somewhere else)