Is proper controller support coming?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
chef_423

Is proper controller support coming?

Right now, its not very good. No one needs auto aim, I'm talking inertia and other things that make the game feel more life-like using, even a mouse. As of now, its not very good and I can add alot if necessary but if you're allowing a controller (Dualshock Edge, Xbox Elite 2) these both offer paddles to allow for a much much more rich experience.

Thanks
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Is proper controller support coming?

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to see changed with our controller support?
chef_423

I will. But don't you plan on a console release for this title? If so, the controller support as is wont make it. You will not get console traction as-is. The aiming is jerky and not very precise. I'm certain these fireteams have impeccable aim. I understand when the dying starts even the best shooters can miss their target but when I am ADS there needs to be more precision, however that code looks. And frankly, this game is PvE...so no one will be crying if someone is using a controller vs a mouse. The Controller 'control' model should be much different than KB n M model. But often, dev teams just copy n paste the same control code over to the controller side from the 'default' entry.

EDIT: Adding this. The big issue is, when you, say, are turning to the right, and you let off the thumb stick, the gun just stops dead, no inertia. Think about aiming a firearm in real life, you're not a robot, when you move the firearm your natural reaction is to pull the weapon back ever slightly to the other direction to keep it balanced.

I hate to use this as an example, but Call of Duty MWII on the PC. Works perfectly with a controller. The aiming is superior. If there is a touch of sticky in the code, so be it, but they have got the feeling of holding a weapon down pat. It doesnt feel robotic, as it wouldn't if you or I were in combat or just at the firing range.

Ill add more in detail later, but thanks again for entertaining this topic. I hope this is visited and 'fixed'
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'll take your comments to the team.
chef_423

Thank you for getting this to the team and them acting on it.

Its waaaay better than it was after the .3.1 patch!

So pumped for this games future. I hope you all see what you have here. This could be a Counter Strike type game that is played for decades with the right moves.