Q4 update still on track?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
xxinfurnoxx

Q4 update still on track?

I was wondering if/when we would be getting information about the Q4 update, and is it still on track for Q4?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Q4 update still on track?

We want to do a better job of teasing upcoming content, and we're working on this for the coming weeks. We'll have more to talk about asap!
MRTINK

AmperCamper wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:41 am We want to do a better job of teasing upcoming content, and we're working on this for the coming weeks. We'll have more to talk about asap!
Was that a yes or a no?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

MRTINK wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:02 pm Was that a yes or a no?
Without deflating our upcoming teaser and DEVLOG, we plan to share development updates on tracking and progress. Hang tight while we work to get this out to everyone.
Kean_1

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:37 am I was wondering if/when we would be getting information about the Q4 update, and is it still on track for Q4?
.....looks like the roadmap got pushed out another quarter to Jul-Sep 2024. The last quarter on the roadmap ("and beyond") was Apr-Jun 2024 as I recall.

I mentioned it before but personally, I was prepared to see a late release in 2024 or perhaps even 2025 if they run into larger problems than anticipated. I really doubt we'll see it any earlier than that but that's just pure speculation on my part.

.....hope I'm wrong as my friends and I on PS5 are really excited to get our hands on this one. ARMA Reforger just left early access so maybe that will help scratch a little bit of that tactical shooter itch while we wait. .....once it releases on PS which they said back in October would be soon after "1.0".
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for your thoughts on this, Kean.

Yes, everything was shifted back a quarter in an effort to ensure our friendly Marine AI meets not only our quality expectations, but also those of our dedicated solo player community who have been waiting for the feature since our launch in June.

With that being said, we are introducing three new missions this quarter. I know this isn't much help for yourself and the rest of the console community, but we still plan to ship on other platforms alongside our full release in 2024.
Kean_1

I'm not personally bothered by the push and like I mentioned, I even expected it. After all, there was no hard date other than the "expected" release of 2024. Also, I understand studios can't always anticipate challenges that may arise in development. Hell, even big studios with hundreds of staff they can tap into can struggle with meeting development goals for various reasons.

What makes a difference (for me at least) with SDiF is that we can see the progress while the game is in EA. There is also a roadmap, SITREPs, etc. that provide a real look at how the game is shaping up in regards to playability, features, quality, feedback-affecting changes, etc.

You folks have been very transparent (IMO/IME) thus far during EA so my hopes (and those of my friends) are far from dashed. Nothing like some other development projects I have followed and typically have abandoned due to broken promises, vagueness, evasiveness, dev attitudes, etc.

Keep up the good work.