Been Thinking

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Been Thinking

All these recent happenings, both in Ukraine and now Gaza, are amplified by the sheer humanitarian tragedy. I hope at some point the team takes time to take this game from being just a milsim and explore the human cost of all this.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Been Thinking

aggimajera wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:37 am All these recent happenings, both in Ukraine and now Gaza, are amplified by the sheer humanitarian tragedy. I hope at some point the team takes time to take this game from being just a milsim and explore the human cost of all this.
It's definitely a good reminder for us. Thanks for this, aggi.
Kean_1

aggimajera wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:37 am All these recent happenings, both in Ukraine and now Gaza, are amplified by the sheer humanitarian tragedy. I hope at some point the team takes time to take this game from being just a milsim and explore the human cost of all this.
I know you have a different vision of what this game should be based on previous discussions we've had (e.g. you believe co-op is the wrong direction), but the developers have said that the campaign will cover these aspects that you mention in more depth. They have stories to tell and that apparently is still coming later in development.

IIRC, the reason they chose to concentrate on co-op first is that it was easier in the development process. AI should be introduced soon and once the gameplay mechanics, etc. are refined, I'm sure the campaign will follow. ....that was my general understanding of it anyhow.
BadKarma

Yes, implementing AI is very hard, due to math calculations, it may seem like it should be easier from our consumer standpoints (we can't be blamed) but they did the right choice by making campaign the last.
aggimajera

Kean_1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:42 am
I know you have a different vision of what this game should be based on previous discussions we've had (e.g. you believe co-op is the wrong direction), but the developers have said that the campaign will cover these aspects that you mention in more depth. They have stories to tell and that apparently is still coming later in development.

IIRC, the reason they chose to concentrate on co-op first is that it was easier in the development process. AI should be introduced soon and once the gameplay mechanics, etc. are refined, I'm sure the campaign will follow. ....that was my general understanding of it anyhow.
I know. I guess I'd just like to see it happen.
Kean_1

aggimajera wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:00 pm I know. I guess I'd just like to see it happen.
I get it and I can't see them abandoning it given it was always such a big part of why this game was being made.

We're just starting the 2nd quarter of EA and the first campaign mission is planned for the 3rd segment of EA next year (Jan - Mar) with more to follow in Apr - Jun and "beyond". Here's hoping EA continues to go as planned.