To those waiting for console release

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Khe sanh

To those waiting for console release

Do you guys like what you've seen so far?, been watching more gameplay recently and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. But it also made me realize just how long the waits going before any of us get to play it...and there's also that chance they could just completely stop trying to port it over to console, I really hope that doesn't happen seeing as how little tactical shooters there are on console.
So how are the devs doing in the console development?, I understand there's still a ways to go, but it would be nice to see DEVLOGs dedicated to the progress made on console.
Kean_1

Re: To those waiting for console release

Khe sanh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 pm Do you guys like what you've seen so far?, been watching more gameplay recently and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. But it also made me realize just how long the waits going before any of us get to play it
Yes. I've been following the game for a long time and I have liked what I've seen even before the Early Access but even more so now.

There hasn't been anything revealed, changed, added, etc. that has disappointed me so far. Issues that have been pointed out are being addressed. Gameplay suggestions / feedback seems to be taken seriously while not compromising on their vision.

I didn't get a chance to really deep dive into this latest update but it looks very exciting from what I have seen. Options in a game like this are always welcome IMO / IME. I love the fact that folks can tailor their experience to their preferred style of gameplay. .....map density, difficulty, environment, conditions, loadout, etc. Really cool stuff that I'm sure will keep players engaged.

Typically, I don't see customization updates like these until after a game is released. .....usually "new game +" kind of additions to breath new life into tired titles. I like that it will be in the release from the get go.

I won't deny that my PS5 friends and I were sorely disappointed by the news of the long delay for release but we're happy that the game is being developed the way it is. .....and the Early Release has been a refreshing sneak peek into what's to come for us. It also allows us to see just how the game is progressing vs. waiting until the eleventh hour to find it it's not everything we hoped.
Khe sanh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 pm...and there's also that chance they could just completely stop trying to port it over to console, I really hope that doesn't happen seeing as how little tactical shooters there are on console.
So how are the devs doing in the console development?, I understand there's still a ways to go, but it would be nice to see DEVLOGs dedicated to the progress made on console.
I have seen nothing since the re-announcement of this game's development that leads me to believe that will happen. I've seen some folks talk about experiences with other developers in early access, etc. that have ended poorly. I'm not saying that isn't a possibility here too but up to this point, the negativity some have shown doesn't track with any of those bad examples that get brought up and that I myself have followed. ....or that the game will die in EA with console fans, etc. due to that wait / dying interest. Quite the opposite IMO.

Yes, we we know we are likely still a year out from release on console but we are still excited for release. If things continue as they have, we are also still planning on purchasing it on the day of.
Khe sanh

While I do think the devs are committed to a console release, the thought of them giving up on it had just kinda stuck with me and hasn't really left my head, I think Amper said awhile back that the procedural architecture was what was causing them the most problems across different platforms, and in the early access FAQ they said they had six days running on console during development so om curious as to the progress they've made so far.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Khe sanh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 pm ...and there's also that chance they could just completely stop trying to port it over to console, I really hope that doesn't happen seeing as how little tactical shooters there are on console.
We have no plans to abandon the console versions of Six Days. We very much understand the communities on these platforms alongside the huge gap in the market for tactical shooters here. Console development is progressing, but it'd be some time before we could release a dedicated diary on this. We're very focused on delivering not just content but content that meets our quality standards, and we have to factor in community feedback on the content we release.

With all that being said, we want everyone to know that Six Days is still coming to consoles.
Crunchie44

This has insurgency sandstorm vibes all over it. They announce all platforms then very late in the day,they announce its early access and consoles will have to wait. Annoying but fine. But what they are doing now is adding to the game,not just working on the kinks. Instead of getting the base game working well and getting it to consoles, they have been busy adding to it,which will be taking resources and focus away from consoles,just like insurgency.

The twitch numbers are very poor and steam numbers even worse,so they will be pushing new content to keep that platform happy and try to bring back players,again,like insurgency. They have already said they are a relatively small team so again, resources and focus gone from consoles.

There's no way this game launches after a year to console,most early access games go 2 years or more. If your on console,and hoping to play this,late 2025 is your best chance and I'll stand by that. Nothing suggests this game is coming a year after early access launch
Kean_1

Crunchie44 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:27 am This has insurgency sandstorm vibes all over it.
No, it doesn't.

I followed I:S for years and SDiF is nowhere near the fiasco that was. Promises, delays, wasted time with 3rd party development partners that made little to no progress on the console port and then at the 11th hour of release, they cancel launch and go radio silent. ....a far cry from the transparency they tried to maintain early on but eventually began stonewalling console fans. We all had to figure out they got bought out by the Embracer Group which is part of Saber Interactive. .....and then yet another delay among 3 or 4 as I recall (lost count at that point).

I:S was originally supposed to include a campaign. That was one of the first delays as they announced the cancellation of the campaign and their focus on solely co-op and PvP.

....so yeah, SDiF development is really nothing like what I remember I:S was and this game is shaping up to be a far better co-op experience than I:S ever was. .....plus, they didn't cancel the campaign in SDiF.
Crunchie44

Promises and delays apply here too. I stand by what I said. There is no way this game is launching 1 year after PC release and I believe it will be well into 2024 before you see it, maybe longer. Previous experience with early access games tell you that and the " oh this is different" excuse doesn't work, I've heard that before too

It's a small team, there's no way the have enough to focus on a console port
Kean_1

We don't know when in 2024 to expect the release but it's already assumed it will be well in the year if / when it does.

I don't get it. You only post here to slam the product / developers and always assume the worst. .....why even follow the progress at all? You think you know what the outcome will be so why not just wait to see if you're right?

As I mentioned, I followed I:S up to a certain point when I realized they were being deceptive and (quite honestly) disrespectful to their console fans. They news / updates stopped and in not-so subtle ways they seemed bothered by the questions to the point where they would not even acknowledge them. ...and when they did, they were very short and abrupt with their responses. For the most part, I just waited it out until release and while it was fun for a couple months, it quickly became boring .

You said you get the same vibe as you did with I:S. Well, having been there myself, I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment of SDiF being handled the same way. ....not even close IMO / IME.
Crunchie44

You're allowed to disagree,I'm not here to change your mind. That's fine. But it's doesn't have to be all sunshine and roses in each post. You're allowed to call them out and I'll stand by what I said. You'll be lucky to see this game in 2024,they have a small team and the focus is on PC. Porting games is time consuming and they don't seem to have the resources. Its ok to hate on posts that goes against what you want,doesn't mean I'm wrong. My bet is I'll be able to look back at this post with a smile
Kean_1

Look.... You're "calling them out" largely based on assumptions and what other studios have done. Whatever makes you happy I guess, although I think your last sentence speaks volumes as to your intentions.

Personally, I find such feelings of bitterness not worth my time. I'd rather be following games / developers who I have faith in. It's the reason I stopped following titles like The Day Before but still keep my eye on Rooted. ..... it's the reason I blew off I:S until release but still stay engaged with SDiF.

Different strokes for different folks...