To those waiting for console release

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Mudroc0311

Re: To those waiting for console release

Crunchie44 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:38 am You're allowed to disagree,I'm not here to change your mind. That's fine. But it's doesn't have to be all sunshine and roses in each post. You're allowed to call them out and I'll stand by what I said. You'll be lucky to see this game in 2024,they have a small team and the focus is on PC. Porting games is time consuming and they don't seem to have the resources. Its ok to hate on posts that goes against what you want,doesn't mean I'm wrong. My bet is I'll be able to look back at this post with a smile
You mind giving me the lottery numbers with that glass ball of yours?
MRTINK

This is getting good. WAIT!!! Let me pop some popcorn!

OK, Carry on.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Reminder to keep all discussions constructive for us.
Crunchie44 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:38 am You're allowed to disagree,I'm not here to change your mind. That's fine. But it's doesn't have to be all sunshine and roses in each post. You're allowed to call them out and I'll stand by what I said.
We agree - no game in development is improved with positive feedback alone. This is a good reminder for us as we continue development. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Kean_1

....who said posts need to be all "sunshine and roses". Plenty of examples on these forums of critical yet constructive feedback on these forums. Sorry, but I just don't see how baseless assumptions and a desire to see the game fail actually helps but it is what it is I guess.
Crunchie44

Desire to see the game fail🤣 now there's an assumption. I actually enjoy what I've played of the game,but also well aware that this team is small,still working on PC version so console version is on the back burner unless they have suddenly expanded the team massively,which they haven't,so anyone expecting this game in a year needs to be realistic. That's not having a desire to see the game fail,that's a realistic expectation.
Kean_1

It just comes off that way to me but again, folks are free to speak their mind just as others are to post rebuttals, etc.

I don't think you're necessarily wrong about the release date but then again, we don't have a firm timeframe at this point anyhow. The early access roadmap extends through Q2-2024 (April – June) "and Beyond" (their words). ......so as Mudroc was alluding to with the earlier crystal ball joke, none of us can really be sure what the future holds. That's that reality of it. We have no idea even if they will be able to meet their milestones in the roadmap on time or if or how long EA will extend beyond Q2/24.

Personally, I prefer to take a "wait and see approach" rather than assuming the worst. Maybe it all blows up and goes south at some point. I don't see that given the current progress but I can't predict the future. .....no one can.

I am fully prepared for a late 2024 release and perhaps even into early 2025 if they are unable to keep pace with their plan.

We only just began the 2nd quarter of the EA period of a year and so far it seems they are on track. ....and if they stay that way we should see team AI introduced, a new co-op mission and "more systemic variables within mission simulation" integrated by the end of the year.

Personally, I was among others who were actually taken aback by the state of the game at the launch of EA. Based on the last SITREP that had gameplay footage, I didn't expect they would be so far along as they were.
Crunchie44

Hate to say I told you so,but well,there you go.

I see today's FAQ post hasn't gone down well in the console community. Not so much that they failed to get the game out this year. That shocked very few. Most of us knew they were telling fairytales from the beginning about console launch.

But more so,the anger is coming because the news was shoehorned into the middle of a FAQ from existing players. Hidden in plain sight. They didn't even have the balls to post outright about the delay. That's a shocking lack of respect of you ask me. Something that the console community hoped they wouldn't see here and are rightly annoyed by.

Amper,I don't expect a response,not will I look for one,but do yourselves a favour and make a proper post to the console community about the delay. At least attempt to make it look like they matter and not just an afterthought. Right now this is going down a familiar route. Make promises you can't keep,spend extra time on PC and then launch a port on console in a cash grab. We've seen it before,and you'd be lying if you say this isn't shaping up the same given the actions so far
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Crunchie44 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:18 pm Amper,I don't expect a response,not will I look for one,but do yourselves a favour and make a proper post to the console community about the delay. At least attempt to make it look like they matter and not just an afterthought. Right now this is going down a familiar route. Make promises you can't keep,spend extra time on PC and then launch a port on console in a cash grab. We've seen it before,and you'd be lying if you say this isn't shaping up the same given the actions so far
We have no intentions about hiding anything from anyone. Responses to the Q&A were ordered and addressed based on volume, and similar topics were grouped one after another. We received the most questions about the delayed fireteam AI and campaign, with consoles following afterwards.

Consoles were always planned to release simultaneously with our full release on PC out of Early Access, and this hasn't changed. What has changed is the timing of this release, but so has the timing of the rest of our development milestones. The decision to push new content (and consoles) in favor of quality of life was not an easy one, but we stand by this decision.
Crunchie44

Unfortunately,this has gone down terribly in many Sim discords and quite rightly. There should have been a seperate post to announce the delay for console players who already feel disrespected by the Devs of this game. I hoped for better,but you guys are going down the same route we've seen many travel. Complete disrespect.

There's no mention of console and when there is,a delay is tucked inside a post answering PC players questions. The twitter is a mess. You completely ignore console players questions and instead post highlight reels of PC players. I shouldn't have expected better so I guess that's on me. But this game is heading right down the same path we've seen before. Push on PC,release on console in a cash grab .

I got shit here and elsewhere when I said a year of early access is fanciful and it would take 2 years and more, and I'll be proved right when it all done. You guys kept early access quiet,misleading people to think all platforms would get it,then dropped the bombshell,followed by an unrealistic timeline for EA and then his the console delay in a post. You won't admit it publicly,but everyone can see this was handled terribly and console players who have been letdown by you guys deserved better. A separate post was the least they should have received. Instead,you still have poor console players who believe it's coming in the summer because you guys weren't bothering to announce it properly. sad to witness
chef_423

Crunchie44 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:52 am Promises and delays apply here too. I stand by what I said. There is no way this game is launching 1 year after PC release and I believe it will be well into 2024 before you see it, maybe longer. Previous experience with early access games tell you that and the " oh this is different" excuse doesn't work, I've heard that before too

It's a small team, there's no way the have enough to focus on a console port
Who promised you anything? Road maps are what they are. Grow up.