How come no Xbox Early Access as well??

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Hawk

How come no Xbox Early Access as well??

Would love to play!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: How come no Xbox Early Access as well??

We're open to Early Access programs like Xbox Game Preview, but there's more work to be done on consoles overall before considering this.

With that being said, we're very excited for the console community to get their hands on Six Days! We have a very passionate group of folks here on our forums who are dedicated console players.
Crunchie44

I think they made a huge mistake launching into early access only on PC. Look at twitch,the game had 14 viewers while games like hunt showdown sit on 60k. By releasing into "early access" which can be a year or more of PC only just killed a lot of hype on console as they know from previous experiences that early access is usually 2 years or more. When will Devs of games understand that console have early access program too and launch simultaneously. The fact that updates need to be cleared on console is a good thing,meaning less "quick fixes" that can have more bugs. Also,focusing on a console makes it easier as it's a set hardware components so according to many Devs of games,it's easier to optimise instead of PC. I enjoyed it on PC for a few days,but a lot of my friends are on console so the game quickly becomes boring for me on PC
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Crunchie44 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:48 pm Also,focusing on a console makes it easier as it's a set hardware components so according to many Devs of games,it's easier to optimise instead of PC. I enjoyed it on PC for a few days,but a lot of my friends are on console so the game quickly becomes boring for me on PC
This doesn't necessarily tell the whole story, as focusing on console for an Early Access release splits our workload while developing alongside PC (which is more common for Early Access programs overall). As a console player myself, I hear your frustrations around this and we'll be working to bring the full version of the game to this community when we're ready.
Kean_1

I think entering EA on PC did kill some of the momentum of excitement for the game on console (depends on who you ask), but I'm personally not against it like some may be.

In either case, the fact is that the game was not ready to be released for another year or so anyhow. .....EA doesn't change that. As for the idea that this somehow means that Victura will take liberties with extending that release date beyond 2024 by following in the footsteps of some other projects by other studios, it's pure speculation at this point. Personally, I so far have more faith in Victura with SDiF than I did with (for example) NWI and Sandstorm. ......apples and oranges IMO/IME.

At least with an EA release, we can get a better appreciation of the gameplay mechanics and the general state of the game vs. having to wait for bits of gameplay footage and information.

Let's also remember that while XBox may have an early access program, PlayStation doesn't. .....and while an EA on XB would be nice (I'm all for it btw), a large portion of console players would still be forced to wait until a full release.

I'm not too worried that EA will extend beyond the 2024 expected launch and I'm also glad that PC and console will be simultaneously released as a full game. .....which to me goes a long way to show that they are committed to and value console players as well.

Of course, none of us can say for certainty what the future holds but for now, I haven't seen anything (up to this point) that really shakes my faith that the SDiF team can't deliver.
Bobberlar!

I'm 66, been a casual player for years and years. i'll sit back and wait nothing but time on my hands, do most of my gaming in the winter when its 30 below anyhow, wish the dev team and all the very best in your endeavors for this game I play x box by the way, 3 Xboxes, 2 360's worn out (:
Crunchie44

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:26 am
Crunchie44 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:48 pm Also,focusing on a console makes it easier as it's a set hardware components so according to many Devs of games,it's easier to optimise instead of PC. I enjoyed it on PC for a few days,but a lot of my friends are on console so the game quickly becomes boring for me on PC
This doesn't necessarily tell the whole story, as focusing on console for an Early Access release splits our workload while developing alongside PC (which is more common for Early Access programs overall). As a console player myself, I hear your frustrations around this and we'll be working to bring the full version of the game to this community when we're ready.
Always confuses me why small teams tend to focus on PC first given the complications they the wide ranging hardware components cause all sorts of optimisation problems, whereas console have a set component list, making it far easier to develop for. I guess the decision was made long ago, and now we are zero viewers on twitch which is sad to see the hype all but killed off. Lessons to be learned
BobTank63

Crunchie44 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:28 am
AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:26 am
Always confuses me why small teams tend to focus on PC first given the complications they the wide ranging hardware components cause all sorts of optimisation problems, whereas console have a set component list, making it far easier to develop for. I guess the decision was made long ago, and now we are zero viewers on twitch which is sad to see the hype all but killed off. Lessons to be learned
Twitch views alone do not determine the success of a game.

From my view, the launch has been wildly successful, exceeding any expectations I had. Game has 87% positive on Steam and it hit #3 on the Top Sellers list opening week. Devs have also been very on the ball with patches and bug fixes. Overall, great launch.
Kean_1

BobTank63 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:53 am Twitch views alone do not determine the success of a game.

From my view, the launch has been wildly successful, exceeding any expectations I had. Game has 87% positive on Steam and it hit #3 on the Top Sellers list opening week. Devs have also been very on the ball with patches and bug fixes. Overall, great launch.
I agree....

While I and my friends were disappointed about the news of SDiF not coming to PS5 until 2024, that doesn't mean we still won't buy the game when it finally releases. Just because the "hype" has died down (temporarily) in light of this, you can't deny the near certainty of it's reignition as we approach closer to the launch.

I don't see what "lesson" is to be learned here from not launching an XB EA along side PC. There is still the possibility that it will come before full release but even if not, I'll wager folks who have been anticipating this game will still be there to buy it when it releases. .....XB, PS and PC.

Assuming Victura stays on track with what fans expect, I don't see anything that warrants concern that the game is dying as some may allude. Just the opposite in fact.