Some love to the devs

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
DecibelDGaming

Some love to the devs

I just wanted to give you a heartfelt headsup. This game was alot. The way the maps change and the enemies and you developing this game to make it feel like youre right there in the heart of battle is incredible. You have a long road ahead but I know you all got this. Good Luck! If I can help in anyway i'd love to offer support! Keep rocking!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Some love to the devs

Thanks for taking the time to join the community here on the forums. We can't thank you guys enough for all the support so far.
Nomad

DecibelDGaming wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:25 pm I just wanted to give you a heartfelt headsup. This game was alot. The way the maps change and the enemies and you developing this game to make it feel like youre right there in the heart of battle is incredible. You have a long road ahead but I know you all got this. Good Luck! If I can help in anyway i'd love to offer support! Keep rocking!
100%. Just hope they don't lose their vision due to publisher pressure or the loud minority of their playerbase
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Nomad wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:35 pm 100%. Just hope they don't lose their vision due to publisher pressure or the loud minority of their playerbase
We're all very much aligned within the team, with a clear vision forward. Thank you for all the kind words!
CaptnJunks

I'm not a combat veteran, nor was I ever a service member, just an avid gamer who's really impressed with this game and it's potential. I am a PC gamer, but I have friends who play on PlayStation, and I can not wait until this develops more and is cross-play. FPS games with cross play are very limited, COD is really the best of them, so this being a prospect for my group is really exciting.

The application of a procedurally generated world is really great, and gives this game so much repeat playability. It adds realism in not being able to know what to expect in combat. No perfect little hiddey-hole, or vantage point to take advantage of. I've been going solo just to get familiar with the game, and eventhough I've come nowhere close to completing any missions, it's sort of expected, and I can appreciate how this level of difficulty is probably very real. It's the Dark Souls of FPS's, odd's are you're just gonna die, alot.

I hope the funding and project management stays in the right place to see this project through to a full release and a continually supported and developed game.

I also hope that it can keep telling the story of the people who actually do this. It's just a game, but trying to imagine how terrifying it would be out there with even 4, 5, 100 other soldiers with me, and know being dead is still possible at any moment is not hard after playing 6DiF.
Nomad

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:12 am We're all very much aligned within the team, with a clear vision forward. Thank you for all the kind words!
Then I'm extremely glad I bought into the early access to support the game. Wish there's more ways we can support though! :?:
Kean_1

Nomad wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:35 pm 100%. Just hope they don't lose their vision due to publisher pressure or the loud minority of their playerbase
IMO / IME, Victura has (so far) been seemingly open to all feedback. They have also been adamant when it comes to not changing certain aspects of the game when it deviates from their vision / goals for the game.

I'm really not a fan of the "loud minority" label personally as it tends to get used to try and dismiss other players with opposing views (regardless). IMO, it's easy enough to see if certain suggestions from players are unpopular or not, individuals shout down others, they don't fit with the developer's vision, etc. They know.
Nomad

Kean_1 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:41 amIMO / IME, Victura has (so far) been seemingly open to all feedback. They have also been adamant when it comes to not changing certain aspects of the game when it deviates from their vision / goals for the game.

I'm really not a fan of the "loud minority" label personally as it tends to get used to try and dismiss other players with opposing views (regardless). IMO, it's easy enough to see if certain suggestions from players are unpopular or not, individuals shout down others, they don't fit with the developer's vision, etc. They know.
Good to know that Victura is able to stick by their vision and not lose it due to corporate pressure. Look at Hell Let Loose for example, the latest update is butchering its initial vision. So my fear is there, though not as much.

As for the loud minority label, I get you where you're coming from. And I am glad that other players are actively shutting down suggestions that does not make sense, or deviate from the original vision of the game. Because some of the suggestions on Discord is pretty wild.
SelfTrainedMarine

just wanted to say to the devs that i appriciate the fact gun souns are realistic. because it became a trope in most FPS games that guns sound like toy guns.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

SelfTrainedMarine wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:26 pm just wanted to say to the devs that i appriciate the fact gun souns are realistic. because it became a trope in most FPS games that guns sound like toy guns.
I'll get this to our audio team. Thanks!