Want to voice my support

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Deadman_Dan

Want to voice my support

Yo, I made an account on this site just to say that I am totally behind having this game see the light of day.

I honestly thought this game was never going to be released since it went on hiatus a decade ago and the original studio shut down. So when I heard news that this game is being revived for release I was honestly shocked. I am also quite quite glad since the Iraq war has become a distant memory by now and the amount of fictional works based on it especially Video games I could probably count on one hand.

Anyway, just wanted to say, ignore what others say about how this game should be banned or what ever political bullcrap they try to push on everyone. If the veterans are behind this game being released then so should everyone else. This game is about telling stories of US soldiers based on true events and that alone is why I want to buy and play this game, because I as a history buff want to learn more about this battle and what made it a major deal that set the tone of the entire Iraq War.
Sir Trick II

Re: Want to voice my support

I second this. I've fallen off the shooter genre for my own reasons, but I'd absolutely support a game that has historical value. Plus video games are an art form. Ignore the nay sayers. Listen to honest feedback and fans who want to see you succeed.
Don't Panic

I will also continue to support and politely educate people about the game as we continue to move closer to it's release. I've been anticipating this for such a long time now, much love.
InfantryMe19

I was an infantryman from 2011-2015 so I never saw Iraq, but I saw what I saw elsewhere. I would love to see this game put through to finish, I feel like the criticism is there with anything. People are criticized for being patriotic, but you still have to stand for what you believe. This will tell a controversial tale that may offend some people, but what those people don't realize is that tale was lived by people. That tale changed the young men forever. What average citizens will be able to see through the AI eyes of a character, someone lived through and struggles with everyday. The men depicted in this game, that generation of soldier, was my superiors. The things that happened in Iraq created the best men I ever got the honor of following. Thank you for your time.
Recon4thCav

InfantryMe19 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:54 am I was an infantryman from 2011-2015 so I never saw Iraq, but I saw what I saw elsewhere. I would love to see this game put through to finish, I feel like the criticism is there with anything. People are criticized for being patriotic, but you still have to stand for what you believe. This will tell a controversial tale that may offend some people, but what those people don't realize is that tale was lived by people. That tale changed the young men forever. What average citizens will be able to see through the AI eyes of a character, someone lived through and struggles with everyday. The men depicted in this game, that generation of soldier, was my superiors. The things that happened in Iraq created the best men I ever got the honor of following. Thank you for your time.
So how does it feel to know more and more veterans of Operation Phantom Fury, like myself, are against this game?
evan466

Recon4thCav wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:19 pm So how does it feel to know more and more veterans of Operation Phantom Fury, like myself, are against this game?
It's perfectly alright for you to not want to see the game released but you shouldn't claim to speak for others. More than 100 Marines and Soldiers have taken part in creating this game, many of them veterans of Iraq and Fallujah, because they want to see the game made and the stories told. From the veterans I've listen to and spoken too, they either don't care or are eager to play it. I've seen no evidence that "more and more veterans" are rallying against this game being made.
TacticalJunkie

Recon4thCav wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:19 pm
InfantryMe19 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:54 am I was an infantryman from 2011-2015 so I never saw Iraq, but I saw what I saw elsewhere. I would love to see this game put through to finish, I feel like the criticism is there with anything. People are criticized for being patriotic, but you still have to stand for what you believe. This will tell a controversial tale that may offend some people, but what those people don't realize is that tale was lived by people. That tale changed the young men forever. What average citizens will be able to see through the AI eyes of a character, someone lived through and struggles with everyday. The men depicted in this game, that generation of soldier, was my superiors. The things that happened in Iraq created the best men I ever got the honor of following. Thank you for your time.
So how does it feel to know more and more veterans of Operation Phantom Fury, like myself, are against this game?
There are plenty of veterans from Fallujah who want there story to be told by this game, denying that to them is wrong and immoral. Its a video game, therefore its art, and that means it shouldn't be banned because gold star families are offended by it and other veterans including you, people have the right to not be offended by things, just like people have the right to be offended. If you don't like it, don't buy it, its as easy as that. War is not good it should be avoided (Obviously) if any media can reach people and prevent support for wars so human life can be preserved, I don't see anything wrong with that. I respect veterans, but they aren't super human they are just human, and just like with other humans, my respect has its limits, I cannot agree with veterans or anyone in that matter when it comes to canceling this game. This game has a right to exist, to deny the veterans who have experienced the battle, and want their stories to be told is wrong, how would you like it if someone said you can't talk about one of the most horrific moments of your life because it would offend people, even though there is millions of people who are happy to listen to you? Talking about what they have gone through is therapeutic, to deny them that ability to reflect and lessen their pain is inhumane. Documentaries do exactly the same thing as this game is doing, in fact this game is a documentary, it is made in the documentary format, and is supposed to educate as much as it is supposed to be a video game.

I and plenty of other people respect you and those veterans who went through this battle and gold star families who are against this game, but I and plenty of other people also respect the veterans who went through this and want there story to be told, and just like with every video game or movie or even book. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

So, don't buy it.
Ghillie_Ghost

My DI knowledge hat served in Fallujah, and I was his favorite. He made me run the tours of Fallujah a lot, and I never understood it until he told me into the second month he served in Fallujah. From then on, I was honored that he had taken me under his wing to make me the best I could be to try and save my life. I've always wanted to see it through his eyes without any political bias or game creators personal views, and this game along with the ever changing landscape during the game is something I am extremely grateful to be able to experience.

Thank you so much for telling this story, and please don't give in to these stupid people ranting. They don't care about veterans and their stories, and they just want to silence the real stories. Don't give up, and if I can get on the beta list (or if you can make a sign up list) I would love and be honored to be a tester. Semper Fi, and know the Marine Corps has your back on this one. Rah!

On a separate note to the guy who served in Phantom Fury, nobody is saying you don't have the right to disagree with the game, but all you have to do is not buy it then. This game is being made to HONOR our fellow Marines, not spit on them like most people in this country do anymore. This keeps their memory and our history alive. Again, don't take this as disrespectful, you earned your right to have that opinion Marine (I think, unless you were Army), but either way, glad you made it home brother.
TeufelHunden

Fellow Marine, and avid gamer. I am very impressed and appreciate the mix of telling the story, and building what appears to be an amazing piece of art. Thank you. I look forward to trying it out.
Yogaea

I am not a good shot -.- but this one, I will try. Intrigued!

The real controversy is that we're still killing each other. This game want to take this into an HONEST reflection on war. Personal views and reasons. Why is this happening and how? ... but those questions have deep muddy answers, obscured; incomprehensible, perhaps. But the fighting is not and neither is the people doing the fighting.
That's my impression of this work, of art as someone pointed out, and the reason I'm buying into this.
Another talked about how we should ignore the critics, and I think so too. There's so many that have political reasons not to scrutinize what a war actually is and how it is done, and perhaps the reasons why it is done. This is a progressive move to talk about those things, I think.

I love me some virtual slaying, great fun. So I'm looking forward to this. And I also love stories, so this will suit me perfectly.
Another thing, that I have been missing since the inception of shooters: Random maps. TY! omg. :)