Some questions about the game

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Eseicos

Some questions about the game

First of all, about the playable character system, I would like to ask if we will play with already defined characters (real soldiers who participated in falluya) or will we have a character creator and we can choose the aspect and specialty, rifleman, doctor, radio operator, etc. .. (especially for cooperative) and also the possibility of choosing the team.
Second, if you can have several saved games, for example one solo and one for cooperative (provided that the game is implemented in co-op).
And thirdly, the pace of the game, I think important, will it be slow? Or it will be frantic as in some games that you do not stop or breathe ... Will you have missions or parts with a timer? (Example: 3 minutes to do something and if you don't, the mission fails and to repeat) ... I hope not.
And finally, some basic needs system will be implemented (eat, hydrate, etc).
Thanks and regards.
Lavish4u

Re: Some questions about the game

I'm not a developer or anything of the sort so this is all just speculation. Right now the majority of the questions you have asked have not been realized publicly but I've been following the game for a bit so I can let you know what I think based on what I've read and seen so far.

Character Creator

I suspect that this will most likely not be a thing and instead the story will constantly shift to others perspectives in the game so all the characters would have already been pre-made and selected if not randomized. If there is a multiplayer added with it's own matches I suspect there'd be some customization you could do however nothing of the sort has been mentioned or announced.

Pace
I suspect the pace will be on the slower side but also emphasize the importance of smooth and tactical movement. If you start playing haphazardly and rushing I suspect you will be punished severely by strategically placed AI and not dealing with rooms properly. Granted speed is a valid gameplay style and can be used to surprise slow AI. I suspect there will be no timers just move at your own comfortable pace but not too fast.

Basic Needs
I don't believe the way they plan on doing the game that a needs system would be beneficial or even enjoyed. I suspect there will be a basic medical system to maybe heal yourself an animation maybe but nothing serious like carrying food. It's more about the stories, not really a survival game.

I hope I answered your question and I believe I've answered them pretty accurately but only time will tell! :)
Eseicos

Thanks for your answer, I have also been following the game for a long time, I ask the questions because since I do not speak English, the interviews on game topics I do not quite understand well.
I just hope that the pace of the game is tactical, that is, that the player decides when and how to turn a corner or how to enter and clean a room. Don't have time pressures to do it and if you rush the AI ​​will punish you. By the images of the videos I interpret that it will be more or less like this ... we will see.
As for customization, I would like that, especially if there is cooperative, more than the appearance, which is not seen in FPS, we could choose what type of soldier to use, shooter, doctor, radio operator, sniper ... etc, so a squad could be formed (I don't know how many players it could have, I imagine about 4) that complements each other well. Regarding the medical system and needs, I would like one similar to EFT, perhaps less complex in terms of cures, with some animation as you say. Also being able to drink from the can or through the hydration bag would not be bad.
We'll see where the developers take us, but I think this will be a great tactical game and it will give us the opportunity to experience some hard, but real, historical moments. I encourage the team that is making this game and go ahead ... Greetings.
BrachiateNote8

From the gameplay trailer when the player was shot you see red on the edges of the screen and then it goes away so I’m guessing that either it’s going to be a healing system like CoD/Battlefield where you regenerate health after taking damage or they are going to add a healing system like bandaging or calling the corpsmen over to patch you up
Tan_47

BrachiateNote8 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 pm From the gameplay trailer when the player was shot you see red on the edges of the screen and then it goes away so I’m guessing that either it’s going to be a healing system like CoD/Battlefield where you regenerate health after taking damage or they are going to add a healing system like bandaging or calling the corpsmen over to patch you up
I'd like to think that the red edges on the screen are just a visual indication of where the player is getting hit at. I'd rather not have a Call of Duty style of health system especially since this game is supposed to be a tactical shooter. If they're aiming for a tactical shooter game where every bullet is deadly, then limited health is a vital component.
Last edited by Tan_47 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eseicos

And a few more questions.
Is there any news of the duration of the campaign? I hope it will be long and depending on the way of playing of each one it can last more or less, but please do not be a COD type campaign, which in 5-8 hours is already finished.

There will be levels of difficulty or it will be a unique level with a hard AI that is the one that marks said difficulty, taking a bit the idea of ​​EFT, with really hard enemies (raiders) and others something more "easy" (scav).

The campaign will have replayability once it is finished? I hope so, I interpret that due to the procedural architecture system, every time we load the game or change areas the campaign will vary from one to another and the same when starting a new one.

I hope that the system of appearance of the enemy AI is random and thus gives us more than one surprise, and is different each time we load the game, thus avoiding being able to learn by heart where the enemies appear.
Hud ?, We will have hud and if there is one I want it to be the minimum essential or that each player can configure it in their own way. I particularly like to play without hud, in games that allow to disable it.

Moments of pause or relaxation? Let me explain, we have all seen real videos, in which the marines are, for example, on a rooftop, some sitting talking, smoking, etc. and others pointing and scanning the rooftops in search of hidden enemies and while the radio operator commenting on the situation with him command. Will we drink this? maybe in cinematics ?. Greetings to the team and the entire forum.
Eseicos

I support Tan_47's comment ..... I do not want a COD type healing system, it is nothing real .... since when a gunshot wound heals only behind a cover ?. I would bet more on a system more similar to Arma3 or EFT, but the latter more simplified. Regards.
Tan_47

Eseicos wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:22 pm And a few more questions.
Is there any news of the duration of the campaign? I hope it will be long and depending on the way of playing of each one it can last more or less, but please do not be a COD type campaign, which in 5-8 hours is already finished.

There will be levels of difficulty or it will be a unique level with a hard AI that is the one that marks said difficulty, taking a bit the idea of ​​EFT, with really hard enemies (raiders) and others something more "easy" (scav).

The campaign will have replayability once it is finished? I hope so, I interpret that due to the procedural architecture system, every time we load the game or change areas the campaign will vary from one to another and the same when starting a new one.

I hope that the system of appearance of the enemy AI is random and thus gives us more than one surprise, and is different each time we load the game, thus avoiding being able to learn by heart where the enemies appear.
Hud ?, We will have hud and if there is one I want it to be the minimum essential or that each player can configure it in their own way. I particularly like to play without hud, in games that allow to disable it.

Moments of pause or relaxation? Let me explain, we have all seen real videos, in which the marines are, for example, on a rooftop, some sitting talking, smoking, etc. and others pointing and scanning the rooftops in search of hidden enemies and while the radio operator commenting on the situation with him command. Will we drink this? maybe in cinematics ?. Greetings to the team and the entire forum.
As you've said, the procedural design that the developers are aiming for certainly would allow a level of replayability since houses will not have the same layout every time. Of course, we still need to see if they can execute this properly, but if they can, it would greatly benefit the game's longevity.

Also, I heard that the developers are aiming for the enemy to be able to dynamically move around the environment. This video goes into detail about it:

Concerning moments of pause, it's possible but you're gonna have to ask the developers about that one.
Eseicos

Thanks for the answer, I'll watch the video. Greetings friend
BrachiateNote8

The medical system and arma 2/3 ACE Mod is very in-depth but for they could do something simpler like you’d put a tourniquet on to slow bleeding then have the corpsman fix you up or heal yourself and probably and animation to go with it