Medical ideas

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
evan466

Re: Medical ideas

BobTank63 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:21 am
evan466 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 pm Just from a gameplay side, I remember jams would sometimes happen in the old America's Army game. It was so infrequent that you usually couldn't remember how to unjam anything when it finally would happen. My opinion is that it's probably unnecessary unless it's a factor in a lot of the stories related to the team. If this was a game about the early parts of Vietnam then I could definitely see a need showing malfunctions with the M16, but may not fit this setting.
Was this supposed to be a post in the thread on jamming?
Ah, yes. Closed the page then posted in the wrong one. Whoops.
A4tM0stFe4r

Of all the survival videogames i completed, I have never ever been so much in love with the regeneration system mechanics as with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, way ahead of its own time and hardware possibilities, still the immersion was impressive in my opinion... It was communicate clearly and elegantly to the player that Snake knew which part of its body needed to be cured (bones, flesh, organs or else) because he was a highly trained soldier and he knew the medications and procedures to use without the need to run check tests (like with the moddest Arma version or likewise games that always make it feel like a grinding mechanics to be exploited). I would really enjoy a similar approach to this game, maybe to make things even more interesting the regeneration of deep wounds and traumas should be possible only if the squad medic is still alive D: .More than having to actively cure the soldiers one by one i would make it that both the medic of the team and the wounded should be temporary disabled from fighting the enemy when given the heal command, with my only preoccupation of creating a safe perimeter with the rest of the operators until all needed cures are attended. Another step towards an incredible immersion and realism would be that of having possibilities to call for extraction or medivacs especially in case of kias or really hurt soldiers, with adrenaline full retreats under enemy fire. I believe that to have a genuine experience, more than jugging the blue pill that make the player able to jump from a 5-story building or bandaging yourself like an Egyptian mummy;
It should be how you decide to prepare for the mission, and how much defensive you want to go and then try to stick to the plan you created, or fight your way out of trouble.
You have an incredible game on your hands and I will eagerly watch closely for all the next announcements, keep up with this, and good luck with the work ahead.
staropal0972

Is there a sitrep you guys can give on this idea? It's been a long time since we had this discussion now.