Single player showcase?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Re: Single player showcase?

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:23 am @Amper "This system has been in place for a while now, but we’re finding that making it work on lower end machines requires a constant push-and-pull between performance optimizations and these optimizations causing changes in behavior."
Wouldn't it make more sense to only make sdif for gen 9 and PC? I mean we are almost half way through gen 9's life cycle already. Idk when this game is releasing, but if not this year I'd say drop the old gen consoles and bring the minimum specs up a touch for PC. Idk just a thought do what you do, you guys are killing it sofar especially in the audio department! Hope the best for this game 💯 and can't wait to get my hands on it.
It’s possible Amper may have been discussing lower end PC’s. But I’m 100% with you on the PS4 and XboxOne being ditched.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

The issue with performance is that many retailers are marketing PCs right now as “gaming machines” even though they have pretty low-end CPUs and graphics cards. These combos are many orders of magnitude less powerful than the higher-end rigs. Obviously, we can scale graphics considerably between the low-end and high-end hardware, but there’s lots of stuff, like AI and physics, that need to run identically.

Regarding low-end consoles: we’ll make a call on this after we get through the optimizations for low-end PCs. Frankly, right now there might not be that big a difference between certain low-end PC hardware marketed as “gaming PCs” within the last three years and last-gen consoles. It’s too early to know whether this is always the case.
Kean_1

.....being a next-gen console owner (PS5), it's easy for me to root for a "next-gen only" release but I have to say, I know PS4 players / friends who will be sorely disappointed if SDiF goes this route. They have been expecting an all-platform release and this would be a hit to the gut.

As for some of the "time to move on" sentiment, we have to remember (that in at least PS's case), there are still roughly 2/3 of PSN subscribers on last-gen machines and it wasn't until relatively recently that PS5's have become more readily available to those who have been ready to buy one. In either case, that's a whole lot of potential customers/fans that will be passed over by a next-gen only release. ....then there's the expectation that if SDiF only releases on next-gen that it really takes full advantage of those features / capability.

If that does occur, it will really be a shame as I do have PS friends who won't be able buy and play with the rest of us since they are still using PS4's. If anything, I hope it still is able to release on all platforms while having next-gen enhancements for us with newer machines.
BadKarma

Yeah the bad thing about consoles is that late in the gen if youre playing current games on last gen hardware you're gonna have a rough time, been playing RE4 2023 and the experience was, like say not as smooth as it could be, on PC you can always lower down some settings to make the experience better. That being said, it is kinda charming going back to the good ol' older hardware, it's like a time capsule of how games used to run. :lol: