Question about Q4 2022....

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
xxinfurnoxx

Question about Q4 2022....

With Q4 2022 being the target release date for sdif, when can we expect the beta sign up to surface? Q4 is right around the corner and if the target is late Q4 then I understand not doing sign ups till early Q4, but if it's a mid to early Q4 target date, then I'm a but surprised to not hear anything related to it.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Question about Q4 2022....

Thanks for voicing this. While we can't share specifics yet, please know we are extremely aware of our current timeline. We're on the same page with everyone here in that we believe timing is going to be critical to the success of Six Days. I hope it goes without saying between our day-to-days but it needs to be said: we really appreciate the patience from everyone here on the forums as we work towards release.
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:50 am Thanks for voicing this. While we can't share specifics yet, please know we are extremely aware of our current timeline. We're on the same page with everyone here in that we believe timing is going to be critical to the success of Six Days. I hope it goes without saying between our day-to-days but it needs to be said: we really appreciate the patience from everyone here on the forums as we work towards release.
Amped, is this alluding to there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it’s there, you just can’t confirm the dates and everything yet?

Also, on a more serious note, I’ve noticed a lot more games are releasing as “Alphas” and stay in an “alpha” state for years. Is the goal to have a fully polished game or for continued support after release putting it into the “alpha” category?

Just curious with the mindset and the way most games are released today.
xxinfurnoxx

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:50 am Thanks for voicing this. While we can't share specifics yet, please know we are extremely aware of our current timeline. We're on the same page with everyone here in that we believe timing is going to be critical to the success of Six Days. I hope it goes without saying between our day-to-days but it needs to be said: we really appreciate the patience from everyone here on the forums as we work towards release.
Thank you for the reply and I completely understand. Keep up the great work, and on a more personal note thanks for being awesome at responding to the community! Not many development companies have this much communication/transparency with the community. Can't wait to see first hand what the teams have accomplished!.
Shrp_Shootr2792

i cant wait for this game, is there a place on the wetbsite that will allow us to see what kind of PC specs we are gonna need to run this game smoothly
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kridath wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm Also, on a more serious note, I’ve noticed a lot more games are releasing as “Alphas” and stay in an “alpha” state for years. Is the goal to have a fully polished game or for continued support after release putting it into the “alpha” category?
I'd say it's a bit of both: we want to ensure a polished launch experience (keeping in mind that bugs do happen) as well as support Six Days afterwards. I'm certainly not going anywhere after launch. :D
xxinfurnoxx wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm Thank you for the reply and I completely understand. Keep up the great work, and on a more personal note thanks for being awesome at responding to the community! Not many development companies have this much communication/transparency with the community. Can't wait to see first hand what the teams have accomplished!.
This made my day, thank you!
Shrp_Shootr2792 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:13 am i cant wait for this game, is there a place on the wetbsite that will allow us to see what kind of PC specs we are gonna need to run this game smoothly
There are some benchmarks listed on Steam, but these are mostly placeholder. In case you missed it, we are targeting our high, medium, and low graphics with similar system requirements for very recent military shooters, like COD.
BadKarma

Shrp_Shootr2792 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:13 am i cant wait for this game, is there a place on the wetbsite that will allow us to see what kind of PC specs we are gonna need to run this game smoothly
I'm currently thinking Six Days might be better optimized than most UE4 FPS games like Insurgency Sandstorm and definetily than current open world games like Saints Row since the maps are going to be smaller in scale plus the specs will be similar to recent COD games, and they are very well optimized.