Friendly A.I in Coop?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
F.I Stark

Friendly A.I in Coop?

Me and my bro are worried we might be a 2 man army without any backup, we usually don't like playing with randoms.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Friendly A.I in Coop?

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for asking this, and we've taken note that you're not the first person with this question either. But, we haven't announced the specifics around our co-op experience yet.
Fallujah1019

F.I Stark wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 am Me and my bro are worried we might be a 2 man army without any backup, we usually don't like playing with randoms.
I agree. I really hope they do make it an option to add ai with co-op.
Kean_1

I suspect there would be a big challenge with balancing alone allowing players to fill in "empty slots" with AI. As it is (IIRC) there won't be a scalability to the difficulty settings.

Personally, I'm ok with the challenge of playing with just 1 friend in co-op. Depends who is on on the time. If they do implement the feature, I hope it is not forced on us. In other words, I hope the team is not automatically populated by AI and we can just play with 1 or however many friends (up to the limit) as we wish.

I know it's not the same thing but one aspect we hate about Insurgency Sandstorm co-op is that NWI does not give player the ability to create private matches. It fills the whole 8 player team with randoms. I guess the only saving grace in a a game like SDiF (with the same logic) would be that you're at least in control of the AI. In I:S, those randoms usually end up annoying the hell out of the rest of us as they play for themselves instead of the team.